Why Clean And Green?
The Kettler Forlines Homes Clean & Green Program is our commitment to improving energy efficiency, durability and indoor air quality in our homes. This means lower costs for heating, cooling and maintenance, providing our homeowners with the satisfaction that they are living in a safe and comfortable home that helps reduce environmental impact – now and in the future.
What Is A HERS Index?
The HERS Index is the industry standard by which a home’s energy efficiency is measured. The HERS or Home Energy Rating System was developed by RESNET and is the nationally recognized system for inspecting and calculating a home’s energy performance. Certified Home Energy Raters conduct inspections to verify a home’s energy performance and determine what improvements can be made to increase it.
What the Numbers Mean…
The lower the HERS score, the more energy efficient it is. The average HERS score for a new Kettler Forlines home at The Reserve at Brightwell Crossing is 51. By comparison, a typical resale home scores 130. A new home at The Reserve at Brightwell Crossing, compared to a 130 HERS rating on a typical resale home, results in thousands of dollars in energy savings. (The estimated annual savings is based on standard operating conditions and it will vary by house type.) For further details, please see our Community Sales Manager.
Who recognizes the HERS Index?
- The mortgage industry for qualifying for an energy efficient mortgage
- U.S. EPA for ENERGY STAR 3.1 labeled homes
- U.S. Department of Energy for Building American and National Builders Challenge programs
*NOTE: A typical resale home in the United States is rated at 130 on the HERS Index, while a standard new home that conforms to the 2006 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) scores 100. These figures have been determined by the U.S. Department of Energy.
** Average score of homes built at Brightwell Crossing includes all finished spaces.
Kettler Forlines Homes at The Reserve at Brightwell Crossing are rated by Thomas H. Marston, with Energy Services Group, a certified, third-party, independent rating company. Rater ID 2305868
Energy Efficiency And Luxury Living
The homes at The Reserve at Brightwell Crossing include luxury amenities that elevate your standard of living. Kettler Forlines Homes also believes in the importance of energy efficiency, so we’ve incorporated materials and processes that ensure your custom-built home respects the environment and gives you the rewards for living “green”.
- Built and certified to ENERGY STAR for homes 3.1 standards
- Built and certified to EPA Indoor airPLUS for indoor air quality
- 51 HERS score average by an independent, third-party inspector
- Extensive insulation package including thermal bridging foam sheathing
- 14 SEER, dual zone heating and air conditioning
- WiFi enabled dual-zone programmable thermostats
- Energy-efficient, power-vented, gas water heater
- Raised roof truss system for maximum ceiling insulation effectiveness
- All ductwork within conditioned space (not in attic)
Kettler Forlines Homes is committed to designing and building homes for lasting comfort and eco-friendliness. Contact us to learn more about our custom-built homes at The Reserve at Brightwell Crossing.